Use of gmail address with plus sign with PayPal

Dea-L
New Community Member

I have searched PayPal help, gmail help and the Internet and haven't found an answer.  I have recently gotten a gmail account because of ongoing problems with another email provider that I had used for many years.  Over the years I have signed up for mailing lists from a number of companies and use PayPal to order from them. Before I change my email address with all these places, I would like to know the possible problems I might encounter. I really like the potential of gmail's feature to add + (plus sign) to the user name to help manage incoming mail.  Gmail treats myname@gmail the same as myname+shop@gmail as the same. I know that you can send gmail using this form of the name (alias) as the "from" address.   My question is about use of this "plus sign" form of the address with PalPal. If my PayPal address is myname@gmail and I sign up with a vendor as myname+shop, will my payment process properly? Do I need to use exactly the same form (with + or without +) with the vendor AND PayPal in order to make payment? Are any work arounds needed?  Hope I have provided all the needed information. Thanks so much for any assistance you can give.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

riyak
New Community Member

Can anyone please help me with the same issue. I am also unable to add email by email gmail feature of plus sign.

@Dea-L 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.