Scam? Chicmurrayg

Chicmurrayg
New Community Member
  • Just received an email listing dozens of addresses of PayPal customers including my own. Has someone hacked the system and are our details safe?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Jown10
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Chicmurrayg Thank you for communicating with us. If you think you’ve received a suspicious email or have been directed to a fake website, forward it to spoof@paypal.com and we’ll investigate it for you. After you send us the email, delete it from your inbox. If you clicked on any links or downloaded any attachments within the suspicious email or website, log into your account and view your transactions. It’s also a good idea to change your password. To report SPAM SMS messages, forward them to ‘7726’ (which is the keys for SPAM on most phones). Check with your service provider to find out if this service is supported or you can read more about the service on the GSMA website. To view all your transactions and activity, log in to your PayPal account and check your recent activity. If you see any unauthorised transactions, go to the Resolution Centre to report it. Hope this helps. Stay safe.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.