Paypal security question OTP related

timelesspa
Contributor
Contributor

recently l received an email regarding changes on how we login saying l had to update my phone number for OTP passwords to be delivered to me as a two factor login.

my paypal summary page also suggest things are changing soon and the need to update my number, personally lm not much of a fan of SMS based OTP so l have set up an app (Authy) to facilitate a two factor login, will this mean that instead of SMS based two factor Auth that l do it with an app instead? and lm assuming l wont get bombarded with text alerts whenever l send an receive and that it will remain email based for such things.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

shdyer
New Community Member

I have a real issue with OTP via SMS when I am at home, as I do not have a mobile phone signal when indoors. I cannot be the only person with this problem, and when I raised it with a Customer Service Agent from PayPal on a previous occasion, I was just told, well that's the system. It does not work!

Fortunately I have now got an Authenticator App which will work, so long as my WiFi is functioning!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.