Payment notification emails sent to secondary email instead of primary

basmwk
Contributor
Contributor

Payment notifications are not being sent to our primary email address. I see that several others have posted about this in the past and they either have no answer or a generic response about how to set a primary email address. The correct email address is set as primary. But about 50% of the time, the emails go to an address that, while it is on our account, it is not the primary address. I need this corrected so that all notification emails go to the primary email address.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@basmwk

Click on settings > notifications in the blue band at the top > then you can edit the email address that is in there.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

basmwk
Contributor
Contributor

There are no email addresses listed in Notifications. When I go in to My Business Info and check the email addresses, the correct one is listed as primary, but less than 50% of the time does the notification actually go to that email address. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@basmwk

There has to be at least 1 email address in notifications or you wouldn't ever get any !!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

basmwk
Contributor
Contributor

Maybe I'm clicking in the wrong place. I clicked on the gear icon, then My Settings, then under Notifications, I clicked Update. The only options there are:

Payments
 We'll let you know when you
Send money
Request money
Receive a payment
Make a purchase in store
Offers
 We'll let you know when
Offers are expiring
You receive or send an offer
 We'll let you know when you
Add or remove a street address
Add or remove a bank account
Add or remove a credit card
Change account owner password or security question and answer
Change business information
Interest-based advertising
 We partner with certain third-party advertising providers to show you ads you'll find more relevant. If you don’t want to see customized ads, you can opt-out of interest-based advertising by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) at the DAA’s Choice Page, located at http://www.aboutads.info/choices. You'll still see ads, but they won't be tailored to your interests.
Login to Me Too

Bibsley
Contributor
Contributor

Payment notification seems to go to the requesting address, not necessarily the primary address, so if payment is sent to the secondary address notification is also sent there, even if the primary address is defined in Settings/Notifications. I agree that this is not necessarily obvious/logical/desirable.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.