Not receiving SMS text messages

Cestrian
New Community Member

I have researched this topic in the archives, and find many people with similar issues, but no solutions.

I had a mobile registered, confirmed and working fine with 2-stage text verification. Then it stopped a few weeks ago. I was receiving no texts when trying to log in, and had to resort to answering security questions. I removed the phone and tried to re-add it to the account. Now I am in a mess. I get no confirmation texts, and get no other option that will allow me to conform it. I checked with my provider O2, and they are not blocking anything. I am using an iPhone 8. I also have an Android phone on Vodafone, and weirdly this registered fine, and works OK with the account.

What on earth is wrong with PayPal text system?

Has anyone any insights please?

Many thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

littlewyan
New Community Member

I had exactly the same issue. Same provider and also with an iPhone. I logged a ticket with Paypal support and it took me ages to convince them the issue was their end. Eventually the texting suddenly started working again, however this only lasted a day. So looks like I'll be speaking with support, again.

Login to Me Too

glorybees7
New Community Member
Same thing happening to me now! I guess I now have to convince PayPal it’s them!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.