cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Account Suddenly Became Chinese...

SOLVED
New Community Member

Re: My Account Suddenly Became Chinese...

For whatever reason your language has been chagned. when you log in, there should be a "gear" in the top right corner of the screen.  If you click that it will take you to your setting page... however you will not be able to read it because like mine, it will be in chinese. But on the left side of the page you should be able to read your address in English. Scroll down just below that and still on the left but towards the middle of the page there should be some chinese you can click on, I believe it is in blue. From there, there should be a drop down menu where you can change your language back to English. Hope this helps.

New Community Member

This happened to me as well and while I can change it to English in the settings. It it still reverting back to Chinese letters once I log out and log-in again.

I have tried changing the languages in the browser, etc.  We will see if they ever get this fixed. It's pretty obvious that paypal is having an issue with not keeping your home language.  I am not sure the result, but I sure thought paypals accounts had been hacked. I would suggest they get fixed quickly before  some news organisation makes an issue of it.

New Community Member

Of course this is fixed as soon as I posted it.

New Community Member

I'm having the same problem!  And then when I come to this forum, and see someone else who has had their problem solved, I clock on "Go to the solution" and it doesn't take me to any solution! 

Help!

Hi Karonalady,

Thanks for posting in the forum!

Sorry to hear that you haven't been able to resolve this. It seems like one of the solutions that work for some users was to select your language in this link or  here

If you are still having issues, you can contact us via Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK or Twitter: @AskPayPal and we can follow up. 

Jessica

New Community Member

I dont used facebook and I should not be forced to contact you on social media to correct a problem on your system...fix my **bleep** account or close it I dont care which as I dont use this stupid thing anyway....and I will be disputing all charges coming to my bank from you from this point on including a charge supposedly from microsoft that came to my attention in a chinese e-mail

I figured out a way to fix this issue. The steps are as follows:

1. You have to log in to your account and go to the bottom where it says classic view. (you might have to hit the settings cog, to see classic view as an option at the bottom, classic view was not written in chinese, it was English)

2. You have to get to the actual classic view that matches the youtube video I will reference.

3. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWLrK10FE4o

4. I had to keep playing with different options in chinese until I got my screen to look like it does in the video. Then I followed his steps by copying what he was doing. This allowed me to get to the change languane preferences screen. I can't tell you the exact steps of how I initally got to where he started, but I just kept playing around until I go there.

5. After I changed this, it didn't change it for my entire paypal. The wallet and home screen were still in chinese. I had to go in to the browser settings, for me it was Safari, delete the cookies and saved data for the browser. After I did this, I closed out of the browser completely, opened the browser again, went to paypal, signed in and it was fixed.

I hope this helps.  

New Community Member

Thank you I will try it.
New Community Member

Help! Mine is Chinese too. Tried everything suggested. Also missing $10 that was paid according to ebay but don't have info for the 4 payments on my paypal. Ebay has the time and date they were paid but paypal has nothing and nothing pending either. Also somehow one payment should have been $4.00 but was paid as $3.58. What the **bleep** is going on with paypal? Is this what we get after the ebay split? The only thing not in Chinese is the app. Any Web page is in Chinese. I emailed support about my account possibly being hacked days ago and got no reply. And all these solutions are funny. You are suggesting for people to call paypal or click on the contact us button.....what part of "its in Chinese" don't you understand?
Contributor

After you log on your Paypal account, on the top of toolbar, you may see an icon "settings". Sorry I can't attach a picture here. After you click on the Settings icon, look for the Chinese (supposed it's Simplified Chinese) characters like this "账户选项". Then click on "语言", on the pull-down-menu, click on it and search until you see "English". Save it and it's done. Good luck!