Is this a phishing email?

Thopper196
Contributor
Contributor

<removed> Sent an email to me saying I had My account temporarily restricted. I could see why it would be since I've spent more than usual the last week. I clicked the link and it sent me to what seems to be PayPals website so I'm thinking it was real. Usually I can spot a fake email quick but this seems too legitimate. There's no customer service reps to help me at all due to covid. This sucks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Thopper196
Contributor
Contributor
We noticed that you used your PayPal account in questionable ways. To understand this better, we need more information from you. You need to take action in your account to keep your account secure. We also temporarily restricted certain features in your PayPal account. You are currently unable: • Send payments • Payouts What to do? Log in to your PayPal account and complete the required tasks.
Login to Me Too

rnatividad
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Thopper196 

The email content you posted looks very real. One thing though is that PayPal does not put links on emails for you to remove the restrictions. Check this Help Center article to know more about spotting phishing emails. 

To be sure if there really atrre restrictions, it is best that you go directly to www.paypal.com instead of clicking links, and check the Resolution Center. If you have an account limitation, there should be an open case about it. 

Hope this helps. Stay safe! 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.