I want to add my french mobile number to my Australian account

LeiseK
Contributor
Contributor

I have had an Australian Paypal account now for many many years. but I travel to France often and need to add my french phone contact to my account but the add phone number pop up won't allow that. So when paypal sends sms codes to my number they are sending it to an australian number which I don't use in france obviously.

Why won't paypal allow me to add an international number i can use whilst travelling overseas?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LeiseK 

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You can't add an international address or phone number to a paypal account unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

LeiseK
Contributor
Contributor

thanks, but its quite ridiculous as people tyravel internationally all the time.

anyways 

thanks agains

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@LeiseK 

Yes its a pain but paypal is not a bank so what you can do in what country is not an option in another and thats why one paypal account may not work in another country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.