Can't link bank account

CrazyMelon
Contributor
Contributor

I've tried looking for answers to this problem but I can't find anyone else who's commented about this. I made a PayPal account a while ago and recently a friend of mine sent some money my way. I don't want to pay the fee that comes with instant transfer, so i tried to link my bank account to my PayPal account. I use Wells Fargo, but as soon as I finished putting all the information into the tabs, once I clicked continue I got a very odd 'error' of sorts. "Maximum thresholds for the day have reached. Please try after 24 hours". I have no idea why this is happening but it is rather frustrating. Does anyone have any clues as to why this is happening?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

waterjugalo
Contributor
Contributor

I have the same problem and this is my first time trying to link my bank to paypal. 

Login to Me Too

Metro313
New Community Member

I am also having this issue. I was using my WF checking to pay a friend for a security deposit and I did a $1 test (which worked) but afterwards I was unable to use my WF bank account to pay the rest of the deposit. I tried removing my bank account and then re-adding it but ended up with the same error as described previously. I would appreciate any support on this topic!

Login to Me Too

grandgrego
New Community Member

Same here...Wells Fargo account.

The instant adding via login to bank account is still broken as of June 1st.

However, I was able to link with the routing and account number. And because this bank has previously been linked, it was also an instant process. I don't leave my bank linked in case of fraud/hack which would give direct access to my bank account funds. I only like to link when transferring cash to the bank and then remove when complete. 

Login to Me Too

NoahO1
New Community Member

Did anyone find the answer or solution?

Login to Me Too

BProj
New Community Member

Solved on desktop. Go to Wallet, scroll down and contact them via phone. When prompted enter the 6 digits for faster service, and go through the process of entering the acct and routing number. Stay on the phone a little while longer and when prompted say "agent" and have the agent confirm your account immediately if you don't want to wait for the deposit verification method. The whole process took me 6mins total. 

Cheers

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.