Can't change Time zone!

Elgameel
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everyone,

I can't change the Time zone because this page "https://www.paypal.com/webapps/customerprofile/changeTimeZone.form" is not working and displays this error "redirected you too many times.".

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Elgameel
Contributor
Contributor

I still can't do it?!

Login to Me Too

gezafodor
Contributor
Contributor

It is the same here today, tried in three different browsers.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DerrickD

Hi @gezafodor,

I can understand how frustrating this must be and it sounds like you've attempted to troubleshoot the issue from your end. If the problem continues, you may have to try clearing the cache and cookies through your browser or try updating your time zone through a different device instead of the one you're currently using.

I hope this helps!

-Derrick

Login to Me Too

gezafodor
Contributor
Contributor

It is a problem on the server side. I tried to modify the timezone setting from a fresh installed, never used browser (Opera) as well. The same problem occured.

Login to Me Too

VersatileIdea
Contributor
Contributor

Same here. Error 429 (ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS). 

Login to Me Too

SorinC
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone manage to solve the problem?

Do PayPal technicians read this forums?

Login to Me Too

johnnyV44
Contributor
Contributor
I have contacted Merchant Technical Services regarding this and here is their response:
Apologies for any confusion, but for a PayPal account set up for an Icelandic merchant, the only time zone that will be available on the webpage at https://www.paypal.com/businessprofile/settings/options/timezone is GMT -8 due to the country of Iceland only spanning one time zone. We confirm that the webpage's control is working as designed. If you notice any issues within PayPal that you believe to be a technical problem here at our end, feel free to reach out to us again.

So, by this response, this limitation is by design and is not a bug as I previously thought. I just hope that PayPal will see us merely mortals worthy of having our correct time zone on the webpage and not some other one eight zones away. I still can't get my head around why I should have GMT Pacific where I am in GMT 0 zone. Go figure.

Login to Me Too

VersatileIdea
Contributor
Contributor

Well, that reason is just a jumble of generated words and makes no sense at all. Most of the countries in the world only have one time zone, but that doesn't mean they all share the same one. Perhaps they were just trying to find a way to avoid saying that you can only change your time zone if you are in the US (which is terrible for what's supposed to be a global company). I wonder if the can change time zone in Australia or Canada....

Login to Me Too

altech
Contributor
Contributor

It is not limitation by design. It's a bug.
Design would of brought to explanation you provided or it would be greyed (not clickable) option. Yet it is clickable, but brings an ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS error.

2 years later problem still exist. I sell today, paypal shows yesterdays date (10h difference).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.