New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
After having an eBay buyer send money to my PayPal account, which I have had (and was created when I made my eBay account) for over 10 years, and when I went to log in to the account I was prompted with this:
The issue is that I don't have this phone number anymore, and I know my account email and password, but PayPal has offered me no way to access my account and funds or even ask for help. I can't post a question to the community on the account becuase you have to log in to do so, so I had to create this account just to ask this question. Also, PayPal's phone line is down because they are not employing their staff right now due to COVID-19; likewise, their Facebook Messenger chat with agent feature is inaccessible.
The "Having trouble logging in?" button is a trap that when clicked on directs me to a new page that prompts me with this:
Apparently, PayPal is not going to let me log in unless I get this old phone number back, and they don't have the ability to allow me into my account to utilize my funds. Can anyone help? Thank you.
This does not help, because I already know my email and password, so why would I reset my password? Also, I already did reset my password, and that didn't solve the issue. The issue is that I don't have access to the phone number that the authorization code which is needed to verify my login is being sent to.
Has anyone found a solution for this? I am in the same situation. I just want access to my money...
This does NOT resolve the issue it allows you to change the password but then when you login with your password (which you never forgot by the way) it asks to authenticate using your old and now gone phone number.
Please create a way that someone can authenticate themselves without their phone number so that they can update their phone number.
Really this huge and very profitable company should not be having a problem this basic.
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Use the forgotten password option several times.
3. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
4. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
5. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.
Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...
1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.