Bug in PayPal login.

anthony1966
Contributor
Contributor

Hello All,

I am currently out of the country (Canada) and will be out for a long time.

Here is my problem, my Firefox and Opera suddenly said 'Something is wrong' and sent me to password recover page. But the page does not load and I get the 'rotating - processing icon'. I used to be a software developer and there is a bug in PayPal's login. Following is the error (console in javascript):

SyntaxError: missing } in compound statement app.js:45:769036

PayPal currently works on Chrome, but I moved the cache and tried Chrome and got the same error. Therefore I am confident that as long as the chrome Cache (or a cookie) is there it will work.

I VPNed to my office in Canada and tried to login, I get the same problem (Something wrong with your account) but the 'recover password' page works. I tried the same with doing a VPN to USA (Kansas) and I got the same bug.

Therefore the problem is in some sort if international IP/location detect system.

If somebody sees this please contact PayPal *URGENTLY) and ask them to fix this bug immediately as I am unable to use any of my paypal accounts, including my wife's and corporate.

Credit card companies and banks use a nice system where they email a recovery code to another backup email on the system. PayPal should use this type of method so as we are not required to call them.

Sadly, as an experience software designer since 1986 I can say that PayPal needs to 'really upgrade' the system - as it is it looks like 'freelance programmers' are developing PayPal code.

Also, I do believe it is NOT CLEAVER to only allow logged in users to contact PayPal as PayPal does not have a 24/7 support line.

Thank you.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.