Account Issue

TCece84
Contributor
Contributor
My mother has an account on PayPal with my father's name (they had a joint bank account). My father recently passed away. My mother is concerned that she will not be able to use the PayPal account (with her email) anymore because it only shows my father's name. Is there a way to change the person on the PayPal account? Does she need to change the name? She already contacted PayPal and they said they were new and didn't know what to do.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TCece84 

You can't change a paypal account from one person to another.

Her best bet is to close that account down and that 'should'...but not guaranteed release the email address for her to use again on her own paypal account.

She could try this first..............

Go and click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > click on the + and ''add'' another/new email address > verify it > go back and click on ''update'' and tick the box underneath that says ''make primary'' > then you should get the remove option by the old now longer primary email which you want to use on another account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@TCece84 

You can't change a paypal account from one person to another.

Her best bet is to close that account down and that 'should'...but not guaranteed release the email address for her to use again on her own paypal account.

She could try this first..............

Go and click on the profile tab (icon next to log out) > click on the + and ''add'' another/new email address > verify it > go back and click on ''update'' and tick the box underneath that says ''make primary'' > then you should get the remove option by the old now longer primary email which you want to use on another account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.