"Sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you" error when I try to verify that I am actually myself

dsimeonov
New Community Member

Hi All, 

I am having difficulties to access my original account. 

I just created the current account, so that I can get some help, as the contact center working hours are not great for the time zone I live in.

In short, years ago I created an account with my gmail address. I used it for about 6 months during my tenure in Germany. 

For various reasons I have not logged in for more than 5 years. The card I have registers back then does not exist and, surprisingly, I have no clue what the account password is. 

I followed the help-center instructions in an attempt to reset my password, but i get a "Sorry, we couldn’t confirm it’s you" message, that i regard as an error, since I am actually myself 🙂

Any ideas how I can solve the issue?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

_-6a
Contributor
Contributor

Im not even sure if the issues are because of this trashy web 2.0 / mobile look that paypal has now (with less buttons = options) which could be prone to have errors after errors with no proper error messages, or if I just happened to need the system during maintenance, or if Im soft locked without warning because Im not giving away my phone number, but the site tells me it wants me to update my credit card, as it does every year. The card ive used since forever with paypal, and it refuses to do it, then I want to contact support through email, because thats my favored option and no we wont let you because we dont know its you... Im likely the only person that has ever even attempted to login to my account and Im being given this much trouble as if the account was actually a "dangerous" one...

Not happy with that it keeps thinking Ive suddenly morphed into a robot despite Ive passed the captcha at least 5 four times already, twice typing this... This is what happens when you simply follow tech trends blindly without actual thought behind it. Eureka! it is the %^()(^&*(^&*(& captcha and the web 2.0 crap, I fill it, pass, submit this text, and are greeted with an error, you didnt pass captcha, which I did.

The captchas are harder than usual as well with blurry or 50 50 (should I select that too?) images

Login to Me Too

_-6a
Contributor
Contributor

"Your survey answers were not submitted because you have already responded."

Paypal development got outsourced right? facepalm situation after facepalm situation, why request a survey twice if you don't actually want to record it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.