change country

Suzy84b
New Community Member

hello, 

I created my paypall account when i was in singapore. I am no longer in singapore so I need to change my address, phone number and credit card number. I need to change everything to where I am in the united states. I can't go to settings and try to Add a phone number because it will only allow me to add a singaporian phone number. I tried to change my address but it won't let me without confirmation code being sent to my phone number. I tried deleting my account and starting over but paypal won't let me and say there is a n "issue" deleting my account. 

Can someone help me? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Dhen21
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Suzy84b

Hope you're doing well. 

PayPal is country specific so if you move to a different country you have to create a new PayPal account in the country you are currently at. You can only add or change information like address, phone number and financials within the specific country where the PayPal account was created. 

Since you are now in the US, you may open a new PayPal and add your US personal information. The Singaporean PayPal account maybe modified or changed successfully when you are in that country again. Deleting that account while you are outside Singapore may trigger and flag the security system as location is one of the factors to consider to keep your account secured. 

Hope this helps. Keep safe!

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution. 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.