absurd log-in issue and zero help

Giuls91
New Community Member

I try to login to my old account that I haven't accessed in a while.

Even though I have the password, log-in tells me that I need to update it.

I try to update it, I receive a verification code on my email, I type it in, log-in tells me I need one more step for verification.

They want to send me a text to a phone I no longer possess. Can't do it any other way. So I try to ask for help

The only help available is via phone: i try to call, my operator tells me the number can't be recognized = can't be called.

I try to send an email, it tells me that I need to login to do that. But I can't login. So I make another account, and this time I try the "chat now" feature.

"Chat now" feature displays a message saying it can't be loaded.

Ok, I try again with the email. Redirects me to another page that can't even load on Google Chrome.

What can I do? I need to close that old account and there's no way for me to access it or ask for help. This might have been the worst costumer service I've ever seen in 20 years that I'm on the internet.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hello, @Giuls91. What you've described is certainly not the kind of experience PayPal wants for customers! I hope the following is helpful.

To see the correct phone number for the center that services your region, please navigate to https://www.paypal.com, click Contact at the bottom of the page, click Contact again (if needed), click Call Us and then click Call Us As A Guest. If you didn't get the phone number from PayPal's website, that could explain why it was not working.

Alternately, you may contact PayPal via Facebook (send us a Private Message from our page at https://www.facebook.com/paypal) or via Twitter (send a DM to @AskPayPal).

I hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.