Unauthorized activity

Aevansss
Contributor
Contributor
In my bank account I have 5 different transactions that say “pre paypal” all with varying amounts of payment. I haven’t used PayPal in 2 months and I don’t even have a card or a bank account linked to it. I can’t start a dispute on the PayPal website because these transactions don’t appear on my PayPal account but they show up in my banks recent transactions. How do I cancel these payments and/or get my money back?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

ramberroya
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @Aevansss, If you notice a transaction that you didn’t authorize, let us know right away in the Resolution Center: Go to the Resolution Center. Click Report a Problem. Click the transaction you want to report and click Continue. Select "I want to report a transaction that I didn't authorize." Follow the steps to report the transaction. Thanks. ***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thanks and have a great day! ☺
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ramberroya 

She can't do that as she said the transactions were NOT showing in her paypal account.

@Aevansss 

If you bought something online with a debit or credit card and did NOT log into your Paypal account then of course it won't show on that Paypal account because you bought as a 'guest buyer'.
However your seller may have processed that payment using their Paypal 'card reader' and so Paypal would show on your bank or card statement.

If that is not the case then contact customer services AND your card issuer to query the transactions.

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......
1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.