Threats of recalls

Jackmang
Contributor
Contributor

As the title suggests.
Suggestions on what to do incase he does go through with his threats

I will need to go in-depth but basically, I recently stopped being friends with an old friend of mine because his toxicity and control has gone way too far at this point and i'm trying to cut this individual from my life. It's been a month since then and now he has gotten desperate and is threatening me in many ways.

Today he started threatening me that if I don't stop blocking him and hanging out with him (Yes he is that insane it seems.) he will recall all payments he has ever made to my account (even if it was my OWN money/payment to me or money I paid him back literally in less than a week after borrowing it).

Last payment was in August where I borrowed 85 euros from him and paid him back on payday with the reduction of like 15 euros he said I can keep for my birthday gift which I did buy so he received about 70 Euros in return.

His response on discord to that was (To my friend Rinael who is sort of speaking between the two of us as I dont want to talk to him): 
"Tell him i don't remember you payed me back, just like paypal, also it wasn't me who start threats first f****** useless subhuman"

Which is a lie, he threatened me that if I do not hang out with him he will not return money that was mine until he sees fit, which i'd consider a threat if not outright manipulation.

Reason I have made this post is this individual has before (on a different account, his wifes if I understand correctly) made all out recalls on the company Blizzard just because they banned his account for abuse of economy (Botting, selling gold etc.) and Paypal actually refunded him a massive amount of the payments made to Blizzard for whatever reason. It was like 2 years ago or more but I was there when this all went down.

Any ideas by anyone would be welcome, maybe he isn't insane enough to recall payments going back years but I wouldn't put it past that individual as he has done it before. 
Thanks in advance to any advice on this subject matter.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jackmang 

Someone can only open a paypal dispute up to 180 days post payment.

Also whether he can open that dispute is dependent on how he sent the funds.

If he used the friends/family option then his only option is a chargeback via his card issuer IF he funded his paypal payment that way but again as it was a gift payment they may decline and they tend to cover only up to about 6 months anyway.

If he used the goods/services option then again he can file a dispute but only up to 180 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Jackmang 

Someone can only open a paypal dispute up to 180 days post payment.

Also whether he can open that dispute is dependent on how he sent the funds.

If he used the friends/family option then his only option is a chargeback via his card issuer IF he funded his paypal payment that way but again as it was a gift payment they may decline and they tend to cover only up to about 6 months anyway.

If he used the goods/services option then again he can file a dispute but only up to 180 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jackmang
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass Alright, thank you for the information.

He did send them as a gift/friend to me on August 29 however I paid him back on September 5th, though I didn't mention it in the description as such because I could not have foreseen how things would change within a few months like this.

In the odd case he does attempt to recall this payment, what should I do? I mean his only goal in this is to antagonize me and harass me, he doesn't even care about the money and I will NOT bend the knee and be "friends" with him again nor will I ever agree to repay him this money that I already did pay him back.
Especially considering he already stole money from me before this, although he seems to claim he "did not" do it. 

Login to Me Too

Jackmang
Contributor
Contributor

<edited>

Had my friend Gus screenshot his rant, though this might not be safe for work because he is off his rocker.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.