Someone using my closed account

wyld1
Contributor
Contributor

Back in February I recieved a email from PayPal saying my account may have been compromised so I closed the account and opened a new one. So yesterday I go to my mailbox and I have a letter from someone who said she purchased something from someone whose seller id isn't mine but when she filed a claim with Paypal regarding the purchase they gave her my name and address as being associated with that account. I tried calling PayPal but as you know they have limited support during the coronavirus situation. The buyer sent me a copy of her paperwork with her dispute info and dispute number. My question is: What do I do? How do I get PayPal to take my info off the closed account? I did go in and close the email account that was associated with the old PayPal account but it says it takes 30 days. At this point and time I am terrifed that someone will get my banking info and such. Should I just close everything all together?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Ces2216
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @wyld1 

First of all, we hope you're doing well.
I have read your concern and I totally understand it.

You can check the link that is attached to this message.

"This Help Center Article"

I hope this could help you out.
Thank you for reaching us.
Stay Safe

Login to Me Too

wyld1
Contributor
Contributor
Ces i tried to do that and its not working. Whomever is using the acct has c hff snged the password so i can't log in to it.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.