Remove the phone confirmation or using another IRaqi phone number.

haval
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I was in the UK doing PhD, during my stay their I have created an account around 2014. but now I have returned to Iraq.

my problem when I am trying to use the PP account it asked for verification through phone call, which I don't have it right now because it was UK mobile number. My question can I remove the phone number or can I change it to Iraqi phone number.

Actually I am using it mainly to pay for the research fees.

Best regards,

Haval

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@haval 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts / cancel any subscriptions and close the old Paypal account before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

HOWEVER Paypal is not available in Iraq unfortunately.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

haval
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thank you very much for your reply.

Frankly speaking, PayPal is very useful for paying small amount and I have used it to pay journal fees successfully and easily, while paying through bank account or credit card will cost alot of money.

Therefore could you tell me when the PayPal service will be available in Iraq.

Best regards

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.