Question about getting into PayPal Account when member doesn't own a phone.

Teluria
Contributor
Contributor

No, my question wasn't answered regarding not being able to get into my own account when I don't own a cell phone.  If I log in under Guest, as was suggested, I still can't get into my account as I'm a guest - when told I needed to log in with my name and password - <removed>- right about into the "enter cell phone number"....which I just can't do because.....I can't afford a cell phone.  It was also suggested that I try contact them on social networks like Face Book, Twitter, etc.  I am not on any of these networks because I have seen too much problems including accounts being hacked.  I heard here from another person who has run into the same problem as I have.  It seems that their question wasn't answered either.  I'm guessing PayPal doesn't seem to care.

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Teluria 

You have been told that you need to add a mobile phone to continue using paypal in your other post.

You have been given all the contact information for Paypal that there is available.

If and when you get through they will help you regain access to your account so you can add a mobile phone.

There is nothing else we can advise you regardless of your duplicate posts.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Teluria
Contributor
Contributor

I can't add what I don't own.  I can't afford a cell phone and a cell phone plan so unless Publisher's Clearing House shows up with my BIG CHECK, getting a cell phone and a cell phone plan, even with Trac Phone, currently remains unattainable.

I do great appreciate the replies.  Thank you.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Teluria 

Really? Can you not pick up a cheap pay as you go ''off plan'' phone over there?

I can pick one up for a tenner over in my country, then load a small amount of cash on to it that would last for ages if only used for 2FA.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Teluria
Contributor
Contributor

Believe it or not, no, for me there isn't a good deal.  The best I can do here with Trac Phone from Walmart and currently that is not affordable.  I am keeping a eye on it in case something changes.  For a brief moment it looked like a phone system called Cricket might work.  I then saw that they are not in my State at all (but are in the two States on either side of mine - wierd).  NH is a strange State and where I live is even stranger. *LOL

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Teluria 

😊  Good luck, hope you sort something.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

dingy78
Contributor
Contributor

That is bs I do not own and do not want to own a cell phone. Guess I can cancel Paypal after all these years they do not want nor need my account

Login to Me Too

dingy78
Contributor
Contributor

That is NOT THE ANSWER...she said like me I do NOT HAVE A MOBILE and can not afford one..  SHOULD NOT HAVE GIVEN ME AN ACCOUNT FOR ALL THESE YEARS WITHOUT A CELL PHONE .....YOU GAVE ME A CARD AND HAVE HAD IT FOR YRS NOW I CAN NOT LOG IN TO MY ACCT AND SEE ACTIVITY STATEMENTS ETC WITHOUT A CELL PHONE. AND THE SMART ADVISOR ANSWERS GET A CELL PHONE??? DUMB ANSWER

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@dingy78 

Luckily I wasn't talking to you then was I?

Oh and I haven't given you a card OR an account as I have as much to do with Paypal as you do.

This is a community forum and I give up my time to help on here.

So I suggest you stop interrupting other peoples threads to be rude ...MR NEW COMMUNITY MEMBER.

I can't change Paypal policy or have anything to do with it, all I can do is tell you how it works and what they say.

Whether I agree with it or not is another matter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Teluria
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, dingy78, that is the bottom line - no cell phone - can't afford one - no access to my account.

Unfortunately for me, this isn't the first time I have had a problem with a company because I don't own a cell phone.  I belonged to a survey company for several years, recently, when it came time to redeem my points, I wasn't allowed to do it because I didn't have a cell phone.  As it is here, the landline phone number wasn't accepted by them. 

I really like PayPal and I hate to close my account here.

Thank you, kernowlass.  I wish myself luck too. 🙂

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.