Paypal profile language setting for Finland!

Richard-2
New Community Member

It is important PayPal manage to communicate in emails and information sent out in a language which corresponds to selected profile of the Customer.

I assume everyone agrees? But PayPal believes that all people in Finland speaks Finnish? How crazy isn't this? Like in Belgium they have three official languages French, Dutch, German Customers to PayPal can select the corresponding one! But in Finland which have two official languages Finnish and Swedish PayPal refuse to communicate in a language the customer understands or have selected? Neither it looks like PayPal can switch my profile language to English in Finland it is strange as they obviously PayPal discriminate Swedish-speaking people in Finland? Neither do PayPal Customer service try to sort this out or to improve? No one takes responsibility or sort this out at PayPal Head office? Very negligent and strange way of providing service. Particular if PayPal send out legal issues in Finnish and the Customer do not understand at all. It means the Customer will not be bound to follow such rules or legal terms as PayPal cannot present or communicate them in a language the Customer understand.

Do any of you experienced anything like such discrimination by PayPal in other countries?

With the new terms for GDPR and none-discrimination polices EC describes this is serious issue for PayPal their managers must sort this out and correct their system so allow the Customer to get the information in correct language. Until then I treat all emails I receive from PayPal in Finnish language as spams and in breach of the GDPR rules and is a evidently a discrimination issue going on. Must I turn this leagal authorities within EC so PayPal take notice and correct this mismatch of how profile language is treated in Finland?  @paypal.com Anyone have an idea to get PayPal understanding?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.