PayPal has become an impossible company

Rvgirl42
New Community Member

For two years, I have tried to access my old account after it was hacked. I've dealt with their abysmal overseas customer service who cannot understand what to do. I've written a letter to the corporate headquarters. They left a message then I called and it routed me through back overseas.

I still cannot access my old account. My phone number changed AND THEIR ONLY WAY TO VALIDATE MY OLD ACCOUNT IS THROUGH MY OLD PHONE NUMBER. Well, you can't access your old phone number when it's gone.

I believe this company has become a fraud. I received an invoice this morning for the WHO to help Covid victims. It asked me to click and pay. I didn't authorize any donation to them. If you try to call PayPal CS, you will end up in a nightmare loop overseas. 

Elon Musk bought this company and it's turned into a POS. I am paying off my balance and never using them again. Their practices are highly suspect.

I realize I will never be able to access my old account so I just pay until the balance is paid off. They scare me. Everyone should be afraid of a company that does not communicate with its customers, that will not resolve complex issues, and that sends you invoices for donations you did not authorize, and will not talk to you when it happens. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.