Password reset without phone number during Covid 19

reenie7637
Contributor
Contributor

How can my wife reset her password without using her phone number which she no longer owns? Leaving a message is no help. Takes hours to get a response then have to start all over.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Ianc8647
Contributor
Contributor

There is absolutely 0 support available at the moment.

1. Phone support = closed
  2. Chat support = closed
  3. Social Media accounts = Not responding

after more than 48 hours of trying to simply gain access to our own account, there is only time being wasted here.

When there is major issues affecting all business owners, any reasonable online payment gateway has solid support available.

Would it be a surprise if they just remain closed and keep all funds? Not for me at this point. 

Login to Me Too

Ces2216
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @reenie7637 

First of all, we hope you're doing well.
I have read your concern and I totally understand it.

You can check the link that is attached to this message.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/i-forgot-my-password.-how-do-i-reset-it-faq1933?app=sear... 

Since our telephone lines are closed due to Covid-19, you can maximize our Chat Support on the Contact Us option of any PayPal Page.

OR
Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter

I hope this could help you out.
Thank you for reaching us.
Stay Safe

Login to Me Too

Ianc8647
Contributor
Contributor

Not only does the Chat option not connect with anyone, it seems posting for assistance here gets the tread deleted!

I shared a lot of detail on being unable to access the business account several days ago, there is still 0 reply, and the details shared here are now gone....

How can a global ONLINE payment gateway have so little support in such a critical time! This is insane and you are messing with my business. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.