Locked out of account because not receiving SMS or calls from Paypal

triffidfood
Contributor
Contributor

I've read quite a few topics about people with similar issues, but no solutions that seem to work for everyone (and none that have worked for me).

I'm locked out of my Paypal account because my phone isn't receiving authentication codes which Paypal is trying to send me.  

I called Paypal customer services but, though the person I spoke to was doing her best to help, she didn't have any solutions.  Basically, you can only receive these codes by SMS or call to your mobile, so if your mobile isn't receiving these (or if you lose your phone or simply don't have one), you're completely stuck.

It's absurd (IMO) that customer service don't have any ways of resolving this when you phone them directly.  I understand why this check (sending codes) exists, but there absolutely should he workarounds when people end up in the situation I'm now in .. not able to access my account, not able to use Paypal, which I've previously been using literally for years.

It is very, very annoying and IMO also pretty absurd.  

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.