Locked out of Paypal

naturalp
Contributor
Contributor

paypal now uses additional authentication for loging in.. I have a uk account.  I am in france.  I have a french phone and so I cannot get the access code to login.  I have been on the phone twice to customer service and they cannot do anything... i am locked out forever unless anyone has any suggestions... cant believe it as I've used paypal for years and now the uk paypal has dumped me..

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@naturalp 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

countrygirl1
Contributor
Contributor

yes I realise that so had a uk account with a uk bank and a french account with a french account as I am in each for about 6 months.. and with covid i'm stuck in france and need to buy stuff in the uk.. but after 2 long phone calls It seems that I cannot use my uk paypal account anymore.. unless I buy a uk phone which is mad! -so they just want to make money on the currency conversion?.. as i can add my uk bank to my french paypal account?.. sounds like its all a bit naughty .

I think many people may be having this same problem.. I had an open problem with a vendor and there may be others.. now they have removed my right to complain.. this really upsets me!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@countrygirl1 

You are only allowed x2 paypal accounts if x1 is personal and the other x1 is business, if you have 2 of the same type you risk them both being limited. 

If you want to use a UK paypal account in France then you would need to be able to support the new security system by receiving a text to the UK phone linked to your UK paypal account. Sadly not paypals fault if you do not have one.

You may have issues trying to add a UK bank account to a French paypal account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

countrygirl1
Contributor
Contributor

Hi so you're not so esteemed!  "You may have issues trying to add a UK bank account to a French paypal account"

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@countrygirl1 

For a '''contributor'' you don't contribute a lot do you?

My advice was correct, you may have issues adding a UK bank account to a French paypal account, so what is your point?

And I am esteemed because I help many on here and save loads from being scammed VOLUNTARILY.

But hey don't worry, I will add your name to my list of those that will not receive a reply in the future.

So sorry I gave up my time to 'try' and help you.  

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MrSalieri
Contributor
Contributor

As can i see i'm not the only one with this problem.

But i can't understand why we pay a lot of taxes and only some VOLUNTARILY person answer to our problems? Why paypal don't use our taxes to pay some people to solve our problems?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MrSalieri 

The reason you get a VOLUNTEER, is because this is a 'user to user' COMMUNITY forum and not paypal customer services.

And the reason that I post on here to try and help is because as you so rightly say it is very difficult finding any customer services at the moment.

So I give as much help to the users of this forum until hopefully a better customer service is back up and running.

Feel free to post your own HELP I am still waiting on your previous posts answer.........

I will remind you..............

the poster asked how to log in when there cell phone was old, I said the only way was to contact customer services and gave them the 'only' options for contact.

You accused me of a copy/paste answer so I am still waiting for your solution to that problem as you obviously have a better one than mine??

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MrSalieri
Contributor
Contributor
I already wrote my problem to PayPal one or two years ago, but they didn't answer to my emails, as they are doing now. So I continued to use my account registered in Italy, here in Romania. Now I'm losing my money because I can't use my old number, and they don't give me a solution to this problem. And I still can't talk or write to anyone as happened 2 year ago. 2 year ago wasn't any covid, but only they don't care about costumers.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

edited.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.