Letter received in another name

Tweets
Contributor
Contributor

I received a letter in the post from Paypal this morning, which is oddly addressed in my ex husband's name!  My ex husband has never lived at this address, I remarried 6 years ago and moved here 4 years ago.

I have never shared a paypal account with anyone else and never shared a bank account with anyone, even whilst married. I have never shared an email address, either.

How can this be?

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

Seanwilki1985
I have just received the same. Have you managed to sort yours out am at a loss I don’t know know my ex email address from many years ago.
Login to Me Too

momackenzie
New Community Member
Was it the one about inactivity for 12 months? I had one today also addressed to myself and my husband. He does live here but he has never had a Paypal account. The partially obscured email address is similar to mine but not the same. Looks like lots of people are receiving weird letters. I'm highly suspicious.
Login to Me Too

Tweets
Contributor
Contributor

It was addressed to the ex and also addressed to him on the letter inside. It was about inactivity.

How can they link my ex husband from more than 12 years ago, to my current address where has never lived? That's the issue.

Login to Me Too

Seanwilki1985
I have the exact same issue. The person has never even lived here
Login to Me Too

Seanwilki1985

Tweets
Contributor
Contributor

I have called Paypal and I am waiting for them to call back.

I have a different surname, too, as I remarried 6 years ago.

Login to Me Too

Seanwilki1985
Please can I have there contact details so I can do same.
Login to Me Too

Tweets
Contributor
Contributor

02039017000 UK number

I got the number from the Paypal page and there was also a unique code to jump the queue if you do it that way.

I am still waiting on a call back from 45 minutes ago.

Login to Me Too

Tweets
Contributor
Contributor

Just had a call back. Waste of time! Didn't know how it could have happened.

Will try escalating this, as I am not satisfied that a completely different name and surname comes to my private address, where that person has never lived.

How can paypal link it? I'm furious they dismiss it as nothing, when it could be fraudulent.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.