Downgrade my acct

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

moneymatters168
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Chris3180

Great question!

I sense you want keep a PayPal account using your email address. Its also possible that you would like access to your old transactions. 

You have a couple of options. First you may want to check settings if  there is an option to downgrade. It's my understanding that you can change the account only one time. 

Your second option is to create a new personal account. In order to use your existing  email for that is to remove it from your business account. What you can do is add replacement email address to your business account, set this as primary and then remove your present email address. 

When you remove your email address then you can use it to create a new personal account. You can have multiple PayPal accounts. 

I hope i have provided a satisfactory solution. 

Advice is VOLUNTARILY given.
Please leave Kudos / Solution if I have helped you.

Login to Me Too

ttamttam
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Chris3180,

Since you mention that you need to down grade your account here's how:

1. Click Help at the top of the page.
  2. Click Message Center.

You must log in to your account to make the request since that is more secure. Please be sure to include all the details of the account type change in your email. We will contact you once the account type is changed.

Just to set your expectations, once you down grade your account you cant change it back. 

I hope this helps! 

Thank you

Login to Me Too

Chris3180
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you very much.. That worked 👍
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.