I made a business account by accident

Adoom4
Contributor
Contributor
I made a business account by accident and PayPal is making my type in a business registration just so I can remove my card but the thing is I DONT HAVE A BUSINESS REGISTRATION NUMBER BECAUSE IM NOT A BUSINESS so I just can’t access any of my settings to remove my bank card or delete the account unless I have one, but that would be literally impossible because I’m only 16 years of age I just want to delete my account and never use PayPal again so if anyone could teach me a way around the business registration number that would be fantastic because for some reason I’m locked into needing a business number to delete an account
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

rach1232
New Community Member

I have experienced problems with changing account status in PayPal. Also, if you are paying someone as a business PayPal doesnt release the payment for 48 hrs and then charges the recipient a fee. This is very inconvenient and had caused me many problems.

Login to Me Too

Adoom4
Contributor
Contributor
I’m not trying to pay anyone or do anything like that all I want to do is to be able to close my account but I cannot do it without having a business registration number and also photos of my ownership of the business documents because I haven’t completed the information fully because I quite literally can’t
Login to Me Too

rach1232
New Community Member

And Customer Service cannot assist you? 

PayPal is losing credibility quickly.

Good luck!

Login to Me Too

Adoom4
Contributor
Contributor
Yep I tried to contact them and they just made me wait in a call for 30 minutes then hung up and told me to text I texted telling them I’m 16 and what I need help with and they haven’t responded because apparently it’s not “business hours” for them
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.