I am NOT a business and have a Paypal Business Account

boblink
Contributor
Contributor

that I would like to convert to a Personal / an Individual account and would appreciate help as to how I can contact Paypal to do this?

Thank you 

Bob

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@boblink 

Emailing is your best bet requesting a downgrade.

However i hope you are not talking about the account you are posting with as that is already a personal account?

User boblink: United States Personal Account

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

boblink
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your reply knernowlass, It IS the account that I am referring to!

I had a business that I closed 7 years ago and asked Paypal to change the account from a business account to a Personal account which they said that they did but I have been receiving business-related letters from Paypal including one yesterday advising me that Paypal is going to be sending me a (new) Business Credit Card which I did not ask for and do NOT want.  

Do I have to CLOSE my Paypal account to ensure that I do NOT continue to receive business offers?

Thank you

Bob

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@boblink 

Click on your profile and then notifications and see if they any in there that were associated with your business account that you no longer want?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

boblink
Contributor
Contributor

When you say "Click on your profile and then notifications", I believe that you are referring to Profile options on a smartphone?

I use PayPal on my computer where the Profile options do not include Notifications  

ProfileUpdate Photo

Bob xx xxx xxx

Joined in 2000

Account options

Language English

Time zone 

You have 1 address.

Primary address, Billing address

Email

<removed>

Phone ‪<removed>

Notifications are NOT available (they are not an option).

Thanks

Bob

Login to Me Too

Tess_08
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @boblink, Welcome to community forum. Please log in to your paypal account and click Settings. Look for "Upgrade to a business account". If you can see that option, meaning your account is a personal account. Thank you.
Login to Me Too

BEEBRATT86
Contributor
Contributor
I am not a seller can you help me figure out as to why it thinks I’m selling somethen and my money is pending
Login to Me Too

millieagz
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @boblink, Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Please contact customer service by phone for assistance. Click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website, then Call us. I hope this helps. If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving Kudos or accepting it as a Solution. Stay safe.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.