Email from PayPal "Please confirm your PayPal account information."

MickTodd
New Community Member

I have an email apparently from PayPal telling me to "Please confirm your PayPal account information."

"Please log in to your PayPal account and click on the Notifications icon to see the information or documentation you need to provide."

"If you don't provide the required information by 24 April 2020, you won't be able to withdraw or send money from your PayPal account. If you don't provide the required information by 8 June 2020, you won't be able to withdraw, send, or receive money."

But there are no messages in my Notifications. It is also all but impossible to contact PayPal directly, the "Email" contact link goes to a bot that only offers "best match" options, none of which are even remotely like this.

Should I just ignore this cr*p?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MickTodd 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.
OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.