Debt collector without a notice

SteinebachMo
Contributor
Contributor
Apparently I made a purchase on ebaywhich was initially fine but then after a few days my bank somehow rejected the transaction, leading to a negative balance of 45 euros. I contacted seller and he said that everything is fine. I contacted ebay and they said everything is ok, I opened a dispute in PayPal and explained the situation and asked what to do and after a few days the case was marked as solved. So I just didn't pursuit the case, until today, after two months, i got an email from a debt collector company (infoscore) asking for 106 euros. The question is, WHY PAYPAL DID NOT NOTIFY/WARN ME? even in the email from the debt collector it says "you have been notified multiple times by paypal". No! I received nothing! Checking my PayPal balance was not in my list during the pandemic, a heads up would have been nice. As my paypal was not locked, i transferred the negative amount to balance it to zero, but now the debt collector wants me to pay the original amount plus their stupid fees. What should I do? Btw this is a german based account but i no longer live in Germany and this account is not my main account anymore.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.