Change name on customer's statement and bank deposits.

4macpro
Contributor
Contributor

Recently changed my business name.  Have updated the setting in Paypal. 

Old business name still showing on bank deposits and customer statements.  Paypal's antiquated help page points to the wrong instructions and after an hour and half on hold their customer service sent me an e-mail.  I don't think the nice lady could even understand my question.  She just kept saying the answer would be in the e-mail.  Of course the e-mail contained the same instructions to change my business name, but not the statement name. 

But none of this changes the name on statements?  How dense is paypal?  What should be a 30 second procedure has now taken up half of my day. 

My bank requested that my future deposits match my current business name.  How do I change my statement name? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

4macpro
Contributor
Contributor

Finally got through to local customer service and was helped very quickly and efficiently.  Here is the path to change your Credit Card Statement Name:

Gear Icon > Account Settings

Left Column > Business Information

Press Update (Blue link) by Business Information

This brings you to the page to edit your Credit Card Statement name.

That took minutes today, but couldn't find it for hours yesterday with paypal's outsourced phone support.  Why even hire phone support that offers no support?

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

4macpro
Contributor
Contributor

Finally got through to local customer service and was helped very quickly and efficiently.  Here is the path to change your Credit Card Statement Name:

Gear Icon > Account Settings

Left Column > Business Information

Press Update (Blue link) by Business Information

This brings you to the page to edit your Credit Card Statement name.

That took minutes today, but couldn't find it for hours yesterday with paypal's outsourced phone support.  Why even hire phone support that offers no support?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.