Cannot submit documentation for legal name change, keep getting 'please try again' error

aevios
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to update my legal name on my account, however every time I try to submit my documentation, I keep getting an error message saying 'please try again'. Its not an issue with the file size because I have made sure that the file size is small enough (and had previously tries submitting a larger file and got a different error message so I know this is not the same one). I really would like to get this updated so that the difference in names doesn't potentially cause any issues with my account, but it won't seem to let me. I can only seem to find either instructions on how to use the name update feature (which isn't working) or help for people confirming their identity initially, not updating it. Please help! Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

jmalone215
New Community Member

Just wondering if you're still having this issue or if got resolved? I have been trying to change my legal name and am having the exact same problem. 

Login to Me Too

aevios
Contributor
Contributor

No this problem was never resolved. They sent me back two automated responses before I got through to (maybe) a real person who didn't seem to care about the issue with the online page and told me to send in my documentation by mail. I explained that I was hesitant to do so because I have limited certified copies, and all I got back after that was a one sentence reply that wasn't even grammatically correct and didn't make sense so I couldn't tell what they wanted so tbh I just gave up. My account is still working for now and I don't want to send in my documentation if I only have a few copies and I don't even know if they'll give it back. I really wish they would actually fix the issue with the site instead of just telling me to send it in by mail. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.