Cannot change default "Add number" country code

yingtienlin
Contributor
Contributor

My paypal account was registered while I was in Hungary (HU)

Now I have moved abroad, and wanted to update my phone number, even though my personal information has changed to the country I'm residing now I still cannot change the default country code when I'm trying to add new phone number of different country. 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_DerrickD

Hi yingtienlin,

PayPal is country-specific, meaning you won't have the option to change the country for an account that has already been created. If you're no longer residing in Hungary, it would be best to create a new account in the country you've recently moved to. Please note that you are unable to use the same email address on more than one PayPal account so you may have to use a new email or close out your Hungary account if you would like to use the same email.

I hope this information helps!

Derrick

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

PayPal_DerrickD

Hi yingtienlin,

PayPal is country-specific, meaning you won't have the option to change the country for an account that has already been created. If you're no longer residing in Hungary, it would be best to create a new account in the country you've recently moved to. Please note that you are unable to use the same email address on more than one PayPal account so you may have to use a new email or close out your Hungary account if you would like to use the same email.

I hope this information helps!

Derrick

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.