Can't Delete Old Billing Address From PayPal Account

vasarelyfan
Contributor
Contributor

Here are the key points:

1. I changed my address easily in the regular PayPal settings when I moved to a new state last July.

2. I could not change my address on my PayPal Credit account in the settings, NOR could I find any PHONE number to call to speak with someone at PayPal Credit so I just continued to pay my bill online with no issues.

3. I called to change my address on 12/10/2018 when my PayPal Credit account showed a zero credit available balance and and open limit with plenty of credit to use.

4. PayPal suspended my credit account (for returned mail) and won't reopen it for me to use.  OK fine. I don't get why, because my account has never been delinquent, but OK fine. As long as my correct address was updated in the system and my old address wasn't on my account any longer was the goal, and I thought my address was changed in the system.

Fast forward to 1/17/19.

A. I purchased something 1/17 with my REGULAR PayPal account linked to my bank account & credit cards.

B. In the PayPal system - My Primary Address (is correctly updated with my current address)

C. In the PayPal system - MY BILLING ADDRESS (IS INCORRECT uses MY OLD ADDRESS which I cannot change or edit)

D. The purchase I made using my REGULAR PAYPAL account DEFAULTED TO THE INCORRECT BILLING ADDRESS IN THE SYSTEM OF THE SHIPPER who use UPS for shipping packages.

E. MY PACKAGE WAS SENT TO MY OLD ADDRESS and I am in the process of trying to TRACE IT WITH UPS 8 DAYS LATER.

I was on the phone with PayPal for 3 hours last week (with no resolution) to get them to REMOVE the incorrect Billing address that is still linked with my PayPal account.

I was told that PayPal cannot change it, PayPal CREDIT must change it.  PayPal Credit told me they could not change it, that PayPal must change it.

MEANWHILE - because of how the PayPal system defaults with a SHIPPING ADDRESS AND BILLING ADDRESS when you purchase something online,

EVERYTHING I buy SHOWS a INCORRECT BILLING ADDRESS IN THE PAYPAL SYSTEM WHEN I BUY THINGS ONLINE.

How can the incorrect billing address be REMOVED and updated with my correct address?  I called PayPal credit and they cannot do anything.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

hockeynhuskies
New Community Member

I'm dealing with the same thing!!  Did you ever get this corrected?  If so, how??  I'm so frustrated of this vicious cycle - I'm ready to jet PayPal altogether and close my account.

Login to Me Too

vasarelyfan
Contributor
Contributor

@hockeynhuskies I had to call them and explain to more than one person what was going on.  It was a serious pain, but eventually they fixed it.  Strange how all the PayPal products don't link up when you have more than one account.

Login to Me Too

hockeynhuskies
New Community Member

I only have one account and my new address is the primary!  It makes no sense when I buy anything online that it reverts to the old shipping & billing address!!

Login to Me Too

vasarelyfan
Contributor
Contributor

@hockeynhuskies If you moved and changed your address on your credit card, and didn't change it on your paypal account sounds like the problem I was having.  Paypal defaults to the address you signed up with when you pay on a merchant's page, even if you put the correct address on the merchant page which might cause the confusion. It's a pain, but give them a call and tell them you need to update your profile.  It wouldn't allow me to update my address online, so I had to call them.

Login to Me Too

hockeynhuskies
New Community Member

We did move, the 1st of November.  I called PayPal Credit Card and changed to our new address, and I also changed my Paypal account online to reflect the new address as my Primary.  I have no other addresses showing on my paypal account online, only my new address.  This is what frustrates me!  Where is the default INCORRECT info coming from??

Login to Me Too

vasarelyfan
Contributor
Contributor

@hockeynhuskies When you call paypal, I recommend you call them to resolve it like I did because I couldn't change it on my account online.  Ask them what the address is that's associated with the credit card you have on file.  That's where the problem was on my account.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.