Another Account Has My Email Address

HeyJubes
Contributor
Contributor

I opened a PayPal account and was surprised to learn that an Yahoo email account that I had since the 90's is already being used. I thought I might have opened a PayPal account in the past and just forgot about it. I logged in, didn't know the password but it allowed me the option to send the new password to the Yahoo email address that I have.

When I logged in, it was the account of one Marilyn Danis from Saginaw MI who opened this account in 2015 (but thankfully has had no activity) and has a multitude of emails (obviously unrelated) including mine. None of which (even the primary email) are confirmed. I tried deleting my email but it says it can't and told me to go to support.

I did, I got an automated message saying I needed to confirm the email. I replied saying this isn't the issue.

Now I can't log in because it's asking me to put in a valid phone number which I can't because the account is tied to the US and I live in the Philippines so it won't accept my number as valid.

I just want my email address removed from that account!

PAYPAL - IF AN EMAIL ADDRESS IS UNCONFIRMED FOR FIVE YEARS MAYBE IT SHOULD BE DELETED FROM THAT ACCOUNT. ESPECIALLY SINCE YOUR BUSINESS REVOLVES AROUND MONEY.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.