Account verification stuck for more then 3 weeks. I've lost my money

Alexey_B1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello comunity!

About three week ago I had tryed to withdraw money from my PP balance to my bank card. The procedure was unsucsessfull, the I contact to PP and tell them about that. 

They said that my account need verification. For that I had to make several transactions to different accounts (they had provided me with that). Ok. I did that, my PP get drained, I transfer all the funds from PP (around 300$). After that they said that I need to have in my bank account ammount 700-1000$. They asked me to transfer them to. Where? I HAVE NO IDEA. They just give an account number and tell me to write as a receiver my full name. Then they asked me to pay some taxes. Ok I did all that. I had paed a taxes. I had take a loan in the bank and transfered as they said. Now I feel that I had lost everything. I wrote messages to them and get no answers. Tell me people - What to do? 

Nobody communicates with me. No information was given to me. I get the feeling that they just deceived me and stole my money. Please help me find out all about it! I would not like to sit and cry during the Christmas holidays.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alexey_B1 

Of course they keep contacting you, thats what the scammers do, all the while you are giving them money for any pretend fake paypal reason that they can come up with they will keep on. Then when you twig you are being scammed they move on to the next victim.

This scam has been ongoing for a few years now and was NOT PAYPAL CUSTOMER SERVICES it was SCAMMERS USING A FAKE PAYPAL TELPHONE NUMBER somewhere probably in Africa. 

ALL THE THINGS YOU WERE ASKED TO DO ARE NEVER ASKED BY CUSTOMER SERVICES AS THAT IS NOT THE WAY TO GET VERIFIED OR SORT A DISPUTE SADLY YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alexey_B1 

Its a SCAM.

It would not be paypal customer services that you called it would be a FAKE number pretending to be paypal customer services.
The number shows up when you use 'google' to find paypals number OR a scammer has posted a thread in this forum.
Most times these threads get reported and removed but some slip through.

Paypal NEVER post their phone number on this forum or anywhere else.
The only way to get the REAL paypal customer services number is via help / contact bottom left of paypal pages and scrolling down past the FAQ to the 'call us' option to phone them.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Alexey_B1
Contributor
Contributor

I am so confused.

They stil contacted me and said that the opened a case P7543098-7644587. Now I did not belive at all, that this was a fraud attack. Otherwise why they still contacting me? Usually scammers steal data or funds and disappear in few seconds. Now I belive that this is US customer support and Russian customer support servises gides me witout understanding each other.

All this messages and discussions made me think that the customer support in PP is a peace of s**t. The PayPal customer support service ... because of the lack of coordination, actions and advices drove me into debt and took my money. Because of them, a case has been opened on me. And I have nothing at my pocket. Nice present to my wife for a Christmas

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alexey_B1 

Of course they keep contacting you, thats what the scammers do, all the while you are giving them money for any pretend fake paypal reason that they can come up with they will keep on. Then when you twig you are being scammed they move on to the next victim.

This scam has been ongoing for a few years now and was NOT PAYPAL CUSTOMER SERVICES it was SCAMMERS USING A FAKE PAYPAL TELPHONE NUMBER somewhere probably in Africa. 

ALL THE THINGS YOU WERE ASKED TO DO ARE NEVER ASKED BY CUSTOMER SERVICES AS THAT IS NOT THE WAY TO GET VERIFIED OR SORT A DISPUTE SADLY YOU HAVE BEEN SCAMMED.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.