Account still unverified after linking debit card

bitmoji
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I'm having trouble verifying my account. I just linked my debit card but it says "these can't be used for transfers" when I tried to transfer. And I linked it to my work account and it also says "Your paypal account is unverified". 

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bitmoji 

As you have not added your country to your profile (so we can see when we hover over your username) or said in your post which country you are in then sadly can't advise.
Paypal varies a great deal country to country so you need to tell us where you are on this worldwide community forum.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

bitmoji
Contributor
Contributor
I'm sorry, I'm new here. I'm from Philippines. I tried to use other cards but it was declined
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bitmoji 

https://www.paypal.com/ph/brc/article/link-bank-account

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

bitmoji
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you for your reply but my debit card is already linked. It just says that my card isn't eligible for transfering funds. Then, I tried to link my amex card but it was declined.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@bitmoji 

Guess you didn't actually read the link, you can withdraw to a linked and confirmed bank account (NOT A DEBIT CARD).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

bitmoji
Contributor
Contributor
What do you mean? I read it again. I already went to the bank and they told me that it's on paypal. And I talked to paypal assistant and they're the one who told me that I can use either debit or credit card. I just got cut off from the message coz I was busy and forgot to reply.
Login to Me Too

bitmoji
Contributor
Contributor
It also states on the link that you gave me that it's either credit or debit card. And that's the problem. It's already linked but still unverified. I didn't even received any notification for confirmation on my card. It just got linked. No email or anything.
Login to Me Too

bitmoji
Contributor
Contributor
It's solved. The notification just appeared. Maybe it's a bug. I just verified my account. Thanks for the help. It appeared after I message the PayPal assistant. It's hard to get an available agent but it finally worked. Thanks again!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.