Account blocked

Muhanad_alawa
Contributor
Contributor

I set up my Paypal account in 2015 and didn’t use it at all. In fact I forgot that i have an account. In 2018 i did 2-3 purchases on ebay using my debit card and it went through normally. Early this year i tried to buy something and it the payment still bounced back. I checked with my bank and my cards were ok. Then I contacted ebay team few times, one of them asked me to process the payment using Paypal, I tried to register and Paypal reminded me that I have already an account, I logged in and found my account permanently closed. I tried to call Paypal customer service few times without any result. What should I do?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Muhanad_alawa 

Paypal close accounts that have been inactive for a period of time, if yours has been closed then there is no reason why you can't open another one BUT you would need to use a different email address.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Muhanad_alawa
Contributor
Contributor

I tried that, but it is still blocking. maybe they link the new email address to the old blocked profile by matching my home address. When I called Paypal, a customer service checked my account and she said it is "high risk" I told here" How it is high risk and I didn't use it even one time?!" and she said she has no answer!

@kernowlass wrote:

@Muhanad_alawa 

Paypal close accounts that have been inactive for a period of time, if yours has been closed then there is no reason why you can't open another one BUT you would need to use a different email address.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.