Account Verification

tomvaughan34
New Community Member
Hi there, when I go to log into my account PayPal request I complete a security check to verify it is my account. The only option I have for doing this is via my telephone number, however I have changed my phone number and did not update it on my account. Therefore I cannot access the code they are sending to me, and subsequently cannot gain access to me account. I have messaged PayPal support and they haven’t got back to me. Please let me know if you experienced a similar problem and how you managed to resolve the issue. Many thanks Tom
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

ShinChanity
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @tomvaughan34

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

Your question is very account specific and we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us thru this link https://www.paypal.com/uk/smarthelp/home

We would be happy to assist.

Hope this helps. Kudos will be much appreciated and Please stay safe.
Login to Me Too

Kollywobbles
New Community Member

I cannot access my Paypal account as it has an old telephone number.  I have tried help section and common questions and messaging section.  I have even used the link from Tom Vaughan message in the forum but that link takes me back to the help section - on which you have to log in .........??????  to use the help sections or messaging sections, I need to log in ... ??? ...

I cant log in as the account uses the old telephone number - I have no access to old telephone number.

In messaging assistant  - (John Patrick 08/10/2020) - I was told to open another account then I can request the old account to be closed - when I go to make another account, it identifies that I already have an account and that I should log in ... ??? ... - I cant!  It will not let me open another account.

HOW DO I PROCEED?

I cannot contact Paypal as it takes me back to the help section - I need to log in ... ??? ...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.