4+ Hour hold on a Sunday.... and counting

ert45yuio
New Community Member

So PayPal has been informed repeatedly by me all week to have my account closed. This is now the 5th day of being in contact with them and the account STILL isn't closed. Been a member since 2008 and they have wasted an entire week of my time because their customer service team is inept and deliberately obtuse. Every time I talk to someone I get a different message, a different excuse, and long rambling apologies that they will fix it. Well 5 days later I am still where I was when I started at the beginning of the week. For those who ask, I haven't used my PayPal account to purchase anything in nearly a year, last use was to forward money to a friend 8+ months ago. There is no card or bank check tied to the account, it is essentially dead in the water. PayPal has come up with every excuse in the planet as to why they can't close the account so today after calling PayPal Credit and completely shutting down my account there (Synchrony was NOT happy about that) they have run out of excuses.

Their response? To send me to the main switch board and select the prompt "Close an Account". Since then I have been on hold for 4 hours and 22 minutes straight and counting. Have never spoken to a single person in that time. Kept my original call open and tried to call in again to PayPal on a second line, as soon as I select "Close an Account" it tells me I already am on hold on another line for the same issue. Amazing, a company I have been with for over a decade is incredibly unhelpful and unwilling to close my account without making it near impossible. Guess who is calling the BBB after this!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.