Credit Cards NOT Processing

KCconsultant
New Community Member

I found no other way to reach company president and Scott Thompson, so I will post here hoping Paypal monitors this site.  I would welcome comments from others as well.

I responded to a recent customer service survey about an unresolved problem that is significant enough to send me looking for paypal alternatives!!  From what I hear, it is a notorious issue:  many people are unable to use their credit cards to pay as promised, even after spending more than two hours in customer service calls and working through the possible problems proposed in email and online documentation.  

Conversely, and coincidentally, I had a problem with netflix recently, and just got off the phone their customer service.  I wish paypal had THEIR customer service system.  A)  She was fluent English-speaking, likely as a first language; B) She knew how to work around every problem I was encountering with patience and good humor; and C) the problem was solved in less than 15 minutes.   
The individual representative at paypal was most courteous, however, he was not empowered with adequate information to resolve my client's problem.  

Further, it appears there is a systemic problem that needs to be repaired at the programming level.  If this continues, paypal will be seriously impacted over time.  My WHOLE REASON for using paypal is to be able to process credit card payments from my clients.  As a small business consultant, I had until now been recommending paypal enthusiastically as a low-cost way to accept credit card payments from clients.  I will not be able to continue to use paypal for my business, nor continue to recommend this option.  Surely others will follow.  

Thank you for your attention to this matter.  It's such a goooood idea and so much is right, but this is a glaring, and in this business consultant's opinion, life-threatening problem.  

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

Theresa
New Community Member

Hello.  I too have had problems with credit cards not processing.  I had a customer yesterday who does not have a paypal account use her credit card to order products from me, and I have not received payment through Paypal so I don't think that her credit card was accepted.  So today I tried a test and order a product from my web store and acted like I did not have a Paypal account and used my Credit/Debit card and Paypal would not accept it even though I had more than enough money in the account to pay for the test purchase.  I just don't know what to do.

Theresa

Login to Me Too

temp20180326l
New Community Member

SAME ISSUE FOR ME!  I actually paid for a big item, and that charge made it through.  Then, I worked out a shipping method with the seller, and he invoiced me for the shipping.  When I tried to pay for the shipping, it couldn't process my card.  I had the option to add another card, which I did.  It has been 2 hours and I haven't even gotten an email stating that I added another card!!!  I tried to pay with the new card.  It says "Another request for this payment is already in the system" (or something like that).  I've tried again and again... of course, I can't see any such duplicate request.  SO FRUSTRATING!  I purchased a $2,000 item and can't pay to have it shipped because of freakin' PAYPAL.  And I'm sure they don't care.  If they did, they would have addressed the issue after the first person complained..... and the issue wouldn't have frustrated the 2nd commenter... and the 3rd... and of course it wouldn't have affected ME today.  If anyone ever reads these comments, I'm sure they're non-caring automatons who compile the comments.... and then their manager just ignores the issues.  Yes, I worked as a programmer for many years, so I know how the system works (or doesn't work!).....  anyway, shame PayPal.  I WILL NOT USE YOU FOR MY NEXT PURCHASE.

Login to Me Too

NEC
New Community Member

SAME PROBLEM!  It is very frustrating to try to conduct commerce in a business like manner and then hit road blocks like this.  The customer does not understand that I cannot control the process but I still take the heat and lose the business anyway.  I have not yet stopped or severed ties with my former processor and am serioulsy considering going back to them!

Login to Me Too

willgb54
Contributor
Contributor

I don't know if I have the same problem, but searching through all these posts I find this one.

My brand new website, http://buyBluebirdBox.com just went active. I went through all the personal, premier, etc until decided business account  what I needed so website name would show up on check out instead of just email address. I tested in sandbox and worked as far as that went.

So... I HAVE TO KNOW if the production website check out process is working, rather than wait and lose sales,  I go through the process and get to end where pay with credit card or log into PayPal and use my PayPal account. I want to test the credit card procedure, so use a Visa and it won't go through, Pay Pal simply says try another card. I do and same thing happens. I then sign in to PayPal and sale goes through.

Both of the cards I used are valid and used a lot. Never ANY, NOT EVEN ONCE, problem.

Is this a Pay Pal  coding bug, or do they force buyers to use their PayPal account by eliminating the credit card option.

I don't like either option, but I need to know. My intent was to start with PayPal to see how business goes without getting a merchan account right now, but I have to get better results than this.

Anyone else experienced this? Is there somewhere else I can find the answer? Thanks.

Login to Me Too

willgb54
Contributor
Contributor

Correct website address:  http://www.buybluebirdbox.com

Login to Me Too

HabieRose
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem. Someone contacted me that in trying to use their credit card, they are getting an error.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.