donate button

patn
New Community Member

when I cut and paste the link it does not appear as a button but text. the text gets me to the acct., but i need the button to show.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Your problem is not with the PayPal item button code but, more with your web site and/or site HTML Editor. The PayPal item button code is a basic HTML Form. What you need to do is find out how your web site and/or site HTML Editor handles HTML Forms.

Check with your web site Host's Tech Support or if they have a Forum, search or ask. Note, some web sites do not allow the use of HTML Forms while other sites do however, the site HTML Editor must be in a specific mode or view before you can insert the item button code.

Should you find out that your site does not allow HTML Forms, most likely you can use text or hyperlinks. The PayPal online button creator can generate what we call an email link version of the item button code. You can then take this code and insert it into your web page as a text or hyperlink.

Tip:

You can build your own Button Text Links from scratch or take advantage of the Online Button Creator within your PayPal Account. After generating the button code online, select the "Email" tab to view the Text Link Code. Note, the "Email" tab will not be available if have included dropdown selections or text boxes in your item button code. This is because you cannot include dropdown selections or text boxes in a Text or Hyperlink.

To see some Tips and Examples, check out this page.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

imeldesign
Contributor
Contributor

Skier,

I tried to go to the Tips pages today (I have them bookmarked) and they are gone. Have they been moved?

Login to Me Too

greenie227

skier,

Is it possible to put a button in an email that will take donors directly to my paypal page? I created the button on Paypal, copied the url for the email button, and pasted in an email, but only the url is coming up, not a button. Am I misunderstanding?

thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.