What is "Enhanced Checkout"?

Temp20221223U
Contributor
Contributor

While customizing the logo for the checkout page, I noticed that there are two preview of the same logo:

1. Enhanced Checkout
  2. Classic Chekcout

Right now, when customers check out from my online store, they see the Classic Checkout page.

What do I need to do in order for them to see the "Enhanced Checkout" version?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

jason32835
Contributor
Contributor

Looks like it is a work in process, but I wish we could get more information. Like when it will be rolled out permanently. I like it much better then the classic version.

Login to Me Too

leha2000
New Community Member

Enhanced checkout bug in page styles customization:

if specify logo then header banner isn't shown

also the background header isn't applied like for classic checkout

Login to Me Too

sahuspilwal
New Community Member

scatpp,

Did you ever find an answer to showing the enhanced page instead of the classic view??

Kind regards,

Sas

Login to Me Too

Temp20221223U
Contributor
Contributor

@sahuspirwal,

No. To date, I have no clue what the "enhanced view" is, how it looks like, and how to switch mine from "classic" to "enhanced".

It's weird that PayPal would refer to something like this but provide no clue or documentation as to what it is.

Login to Me Too

suzbwise
Contributor
Contributor

It appears that "enhanced" checkout is what you get with IE (I have version 8); the "classic" is what displays on FFox (I have version 3.6.10)

I would also love to know how to set this!  I have several e-commerce sites and it's confusing to our customers to have two very different looking checkout pages.  (well, three actually...)

With FFox, when we have "add to cart" buttons, the checkout shows all the details for the order.  When we have "buy" buttons (so quantity cannot be changed) - then we have a "special" arrow that users must press to see the order details.  Aaarrrggghhh!

ALSO - with IE, we have several buttons with "options" that display *nicely* in FFox (where the checkout page is across the entire width), but on the "enhanced" version, it is CUT OFF - not even WRAPPED!!  So our customers must "hover" on the item option to see what they've ordered.

UNacceptable!!!

Oh, and another annoying "feature" - all three versions of the checkout I've menitoned have DIFFERENT instructions and placement regarding paying with PayPal or without an account.  Come on!

When I wrote to PayPal, just asking how to standardize this (choose "classic" for example) - I was invited to press "help" on any PayPal page.  Very helpful!  (not)

Is PayPal trying to drive customers to other solutions?  I hope not, but this is VERY frustrating!!!!

- Suzanne.

Login to Me Too

Trunnion
New Community Member

Count me as another wildly unsatisfied customer. I am randomly getting classic and enhanced checkout pages, each in two different formats (some with Continue Shopping and some with Checkout Payment fields).

There is no place to control this within the Paypal settings and a call to "Customer Service" resulted in absolutely no help at all.

What kind of company takes months to randomly roll out changes to the shopping experience with not communication with the eCommerce companies???

An EPIC FAIL in my book and I will be looking elsewhere for eCommerce solutions for my small business.

Login to Me Too

jason32835
Contributor
Contributor

Classic vs. Enhanced seems to depend on the minute. I totally agree that the roll out is a mess. I really like the new look and wish they would just make the change 100% already.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.