Website on Hold

impressions
Contributor
Contributor

What can you add to your Paypal to indicate that orders are not being  taken at the moment.  What if you are hospitalized or away.  You don't want the customers to know your personal life, but if there is a way to tell them that orders are not being filled without going into detail, I would appreciate if you could let me know.  Also, as all my products are hand made per order, it could be possible that I have backorders.  I have ordered items from other sites that flashed the product was on backorder. Please respond while I am still young!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_RobG
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello,

You'd need to arrange this within your website itself. PayPal unfortunately does not let you 'pause' payments.

With regards to your order system; you may want to start using PayPal Authorization & Capture. With Authorization & Capture, a buyer would authorize a transaction for a certain amount, and within 3 or 29 days*, you can 'capture' the funds and the transaction will be finalized.

To start using this with a PayPal payment button, simply add the following extra line of code to your existing PayPal button(s):

<input type="hidden" name="paymentaction" value="authorization">

Once a buyer has authorized a payment, you'll see a 'Capture' button in the PayPal transaction overview of your PayPal account.

* An authorization is valid for 29 days, but we only guarantee that you can capture the funds for 3 days. Beyond 3 days, the transaction may or may not go through depending on the buyer's situation.

For more information on PayPal Authorization & Capture, please see https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/howto_admin_authcapture

----
For technical assistance with PayPal merchant product offerings, please file a ticket at https://www.paypal.com/mts/
Login to Me Too

normasbathbody
Contributor
Contributor

Great info!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.