Website Payments Standard - No Optional

ginaf
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have a Website Payments Standard business account (verified).  I have set it up to have the Paypal account optional - but the option is not there when a customer checks out.  I have gone over and over and over everything and it all seems correct. The 'yes' option is ticked under Website preferences .... I don't know what else to do. 

I submitted a help ticket, and they said it was fixed - but it's not.

I followed the steps in previous posts here - but still nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello ginaf,

Welcome to the Forums.

Are you using a third party shopping cart? If so, you would also need to make sure the setting is correct in the PayPal shopping cart for this option to be available on your website. Let me know if this is what is wrong.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

ginaf
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Misty,

I am using Ecommerce Shopping Cart.  I set everything up a while ago - and everything worked fine.  But now the PP account option is not being presented at checkout.  I've checked my settings under Website Preferences and 'yes' is ticked in the PP account optional section.

Also, I have recently changed my primary PP email address and got an email to confirm it - but got a message that it was not vaild - even though it IS valid and I can log in with it just fine.  Now, when I try to change some settings, ie. customer service email, the changes are not being saved.

I have a couple of help tickets out there - but there's no resolution as of yet.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Gina

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello ginaf,

I am sorry you are having all these troubles, it does sound like there is something wrong with the email address because it worked before for and then when the new email address was added for some reason caused problems. The email address does have to the be confirmed on the PayPal account for the PayPal account option to show up at checkout. You could try to remove the email address and re-add it to the PayPal account and make sure it goes through with no errors and is confirmed. Let me know if this works.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

ginaf
Contributor
Contributor

Yes- it was the email change.  I hadn't updated the email address in my shopping cart as well - so there was no communication between the two. 

Everything seems to be o.k. now.

Thank you for your help.

Gina

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello ginaf,

You are welcome! I am so glad to hear that, it can be frustrating when you think everything has been done and it ends up being something as simple as that.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.