Want clients to be able to pay any amount, not just ones I set

psychologist
Contributor
Contributor

I have been fiddling with the paypal button over and over but cannot come up with a way for clients to submit any payment they want. The "donate" button is the closest I get, but it still says "donate". Any answers?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Lots of answers!

Depends on the type of item button you want to use.

If you want to allow your customers to input an amount on the PayPal Screens for a Buy Now Button, just enter a 0 in the Amount Field when you are creating the button.

If you want the customer to enter an amount on your web page or site, you need to take a different approach, check out the tips and examples here.

Regards,

skier

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Lots of answers!

If you want to allow your customers to input an amount on the PayPal Screens for a Buy Now Button, just enter a 0 in the Amount Field when you are creating the button.

If you want the customer to enter an amount on your web page or site, you need to take a different approach, check out the tips and examples here.

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

psychologist
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much! It was just like you said. I entered 0 and it took it from there. Simple and effective! Thank you tons!

@skier wrote:

Lots of answers!

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

skier
Advisor
Advisor

Nice!

Regards,

skier

Login to Me Too

jeffn
New Community Member

I am interested in the tips and examples but the link is broken. Smiley Sad

Login to Me Too

Boar05
New Community Member

I have a similar but slightly different question than the one you answered. I want to send clients a link to a place where they can make a payment on the PayPal website.  What web address do I give them?  https://www.paypal.com/ ? How will they get to my specific payment page?  Thank you. SJ

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.