Upload Logo Application NOT Working

VTUSA
New Community Member

Like many, I'm assuming, I work with images and resizing images of all types for web use all day. So resizing an image to 75 pixels wide, is nothing difficult, and checking to make sure the image file size is within certain parameters is also standard. I've tried on many different days, with many different file types, including all those recommended by your "upload logo program" but still no logo.

For one, how many businesses logo are a perfect elongated rectangle? This appears to be the space provided. Our circle is a square and I've resized it to 75H, even 65H, but still red x image not available. I've tried it in Google Chrome, IE8, IE7, Firefox, still no logo. There are enough complaints are this application, that PayPal should have fixed this long ago. It says nothing about linking to the image, stored on a website, which is a pain in ***. However, if that is truly the ONLY way to upload or use my logo successfully, than maybe PayPal could let you know that, by removing the "upload logo" application altogether and instead say, here's how you may use your logo. Step 1, log into your website builder. Step 2, resize your logo to the size we need for PayPal. Step 3, upload your logo to a hidden area or your website ( unless you want visitors to be able to see this logo when they visit your website ). Step 4, publish your website. Step 5. Open your web browser and copy the web address of the image you just uploaded. Step 6. Paste the address of the image, into paypal.

So as you can see that process, takes considerably longer to achieve, however, since I've already spent probably 45 minutes, uploading, resizing, uploading, resizing, changing file types, uploading, in the end, it could have saved me time.

WHAT IS THE SOLUTION? DOES THE LOGO IMAGE LOADER WORK? IF SO, WHAT HAVE A DONE WRONG? IF NOT, THEN GET RID OF IT & TELL US HOW TO SUCCESSFULLY UPLOAD OUR LOGO.

Thanks

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

endigorae
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same exact issue

Login to Me Too

LosAngeles
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

I am very happy to say that I got this **bleep** thing to work!! Okay, here is what I did.

I did resize using their specification of 200wide. Photoshop automatically reduced the length to 63. Whatev. I don't loaded it and, low and behold, that freakin' box with the x.

HOWEVER, here is what I did and let me know if this works for you, I FILLED IN THE INVOICE ANYWAY and SAVED IT AS A TEMPLATE!! There is a prompt that asks you 'Do you want to save this as a template'? I clicked 'Yes' and named it.

Okay, THE **bleep** X was still there so, I JUST REMOVED IT, TRIED AGAIN, AND VOILA!! IT SHOWED UP!!

THEN, I MADE SURE TO SAVE IT AS THE SAME TEMPLATE. SAME NAME. JUST RESAVED IT!! **bleep** THING WAS STILL THERE!

I hope this works for you!! I was frustrated to and just decided 'Eh, let me see what happens'. And, it worked.

Maybe their program doesn't allow the picture to be shown UNTIL YOU SAVE IT AS A UNIQUE, PERSONALIZED, TEMPLATE.

HOWEVER, PAYPAL ---- WOULDN'T IT BE NICE TO TELL US THAT!!!

Peace All,

Los Angeles

Login to Me Too

icapture
New Community Member

I was getting so frustrated also so after a Googel search was directed to

Overview of PayPal's Custom Payment Pages

where among other things it says that the max size is 190x60 pixels, not 200x75 as noted elsewhere. I resized my logo, reuploaded and it worked. Not sure why Paypal can't correct this in the area where it says to upload logo. Hopefully this will help someone.

Login to Me Too

LosAngeles
Contributor
Contributor

Glad I could help you~Smiley Wink

Login to Me Too

LosAngeles
Contributor
Contributor

Hello!

I am very happy to say that I got this **bleep** thing to work!! Okay, here is what I did.

I did resize using their specification of 200wide. Photoshop automatically reduced the length to 63. Whatev. I don't loaded it and, low and behold, that freakin' box with the x.

HOWEVER, here is what I did and let me know if this works for you, I FILLED IN THE INVOICE ANYWAY and SAVED IT AS A TEMPLATE!! There is a prompt that asks you 'Do you want to save this as a template'? I clicked 'Yes' and named it.

Okay, THE **bleep** X was still there so, I JUST REMOVED IT, TRIED AGAIN, AND VOILA!! IT SHOWED UP!!

THEN, I MADE SURE TO SAVE IT AS THE SAME TEMPLATE. SAME NAME. JUST RESAVED IT!! **bleep** THING WAS STILL THERE!

I hope this works for you!! I was frustrated to and just decided 'Eh, let me see what happens'. And, it worked.

Maybe their program doesn't allow the picture to be shown UNTIL YOU SAVE IT AS A UNIQUE, PERSONALIZED, TEMPLATE.

HOWEVER, PAPAL ---- WOULDN'T IT BE NICE TO TELL US THAT!!!

Peace All,

Los Angeles

Login to Me Too

endigorae
Contributor
Contributor

it finally worked! Thanks!!!!! :)Smiley Happy

Login to Me Too

GamblinFool
Contributor
Contributor

When I was creating a new invoice to bill a customer, I noticed my logo was gone, so naturally I tried to upload it again using the logo upload application.  I had the same problem you described, trying different resolutions and different file formats with no success.

I finished creating the invoice and sent it without my logo.  Then I went to "Invoice Settings" to modify some tax rates and noticed there was a menu choice to upload Invoice Logo.  I clicked on it and it worked fine.

I can only guess that the uploader on the Invoice creation page has some sort of bug that prevents it from working.  You might try going in through "Invoice Settings" as I did.  Hope it works for you and others with the same issue.

Login to Me Too

twowheelin
Contributor
Contributor

I resized my logo to 162x42 and it started working immediatly.  (No go at slightly larger size...)

Login to Me Too

Misty11
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Everyone,

I am sorry to hear all of you are having troubles with the Logo Application "NOT" working, I know this is frustrating. This is a known issue and is something we are aware of and working on. Please file a ticket at www.PayPal.com/MTS and we can take a look to see if there is anything we can do to get your Logo to work.

Smiley HappyMisty

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.