Percent off Discount codes for Paypal's website Standard payments

cc23rdb
New Community Member

I want to have CODES to be applied in the paypal checkout for discount amount off, for minimum purchases.. 

If this is not available, then WHY do my customers get the option to redeeme a coupon or discount code in the checkout process?  Is there a program that coupons and discount codes can be done and used in the checkout?  if not, then again, WHY is there an option to add a code that isn't available.

I have my site all set up and using linklok/paypal for my downloads.  I really do not want to have to use a different shopping cart and redo the entire site and change the linklok.

any help is appreciative...  I have read the topics and not sure if anything is recent.

thanks in advance,

Rebecca

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

BalanceWheel
New Community Member

Yes, please someone let us know.

This is what I see in the PayPal checkout.

PayPal gift card, certificate, reward, or other discount Redeem.

When I click on Redeem another window pops up with this.

Use gift certificates, rewards, or discounts

Enter coupon code

[box to enter code]

[Redeem button]  [cancel button]

Please help!!!!!

Login to Me Too

BalanceWheel
New Community Member

I think I found the answer.  In short, the person that owns the cart can't issue a coupon.

PayPal Help: https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/e_howto_api_ECCustomizin...

Note:

The ‘Enter gift certificate, reward, or discount’ link enables the buyer to redeem certificates, rewards, or discounts that PayPal issues. The link does not enable the buyer to redeem incentives that you issue.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.